[vox] K12LTSP, Linux Thin Client for Schools

Bill Kendrick nbs at sonic.net
Fri Sep 3 11:57:29 PDT 2004

On Fri, Sep 03, 2004 at 11:47:44AM -0700, Steve Hargadon wrote:
> I just completed an installation of K12LTSP at a charter school in Hawaii,
> and am working with the Canadian government to install Linux thin client
> labs in 2,000 schools in Kenya, Africa.

Wow, cool! :^)

> I'm hoping to find a school, or schools, in the greater Sacramento area that
> would really benefit from this technology.  I'd like a chance to help
> install or demonstrate K12LTSP, and then showcase that school in talking
> with Secretary of Education's office in Sacramento.
>
> Any ideas?

Oh man, not off-hand, but this would definitely be a great thing to have.
(And I'm sure you'll find LUGOD, SacLUG and RoseLUG members willing to help
and/or learn!)

I suggest contacting Richard Lowenberg from the Davis Community Network
to see if he has any leads.  (www.dcn.org)

Good luck and keep us informed!

-bill!
bill at newbreedsoftware.com            Man, some trip this turned out to be.
http://www.newbreedsoftware.com/       All we caught is a tire, a boot,
New Breed Software                    a tin can and this book of cliches.