[vox] FWD: How Linux helps Microsoft

Bill Kendrick nbs at sonic.net
Wed Sep 1 10:08:24 PDT 2004

On Wed, Sep 01, 2004 at 09:58:58AM -0700, R. Douglas Barbieri wrote:
> "Microsofties say they were more worried about Linux a few years ago,
> when it was a truly free program, spreading on its own, from user to
> user, like a virus.

Yeah, right.  They've pretty much been following the Ghandi quote:
then you win."

> Now that Linux costs real money, and is sold by
> buttoned-down blue suits from IBM and Novell, Microsoft feels more
> confident. Microsoft has beaten these guys, badly, in operating system
> wars before."

Huh, I always thought it helped to legitamized Linux... not that people
all over the world wouldn't still be using and improving Linux and OSS
regardless.

Must I bring up my pizza analogy _again_? :)

-bill!
bill at newbreedsoftware.com            Man, some trip this turned out to be.
http://www.newbreedsoftware.com/       All we caught is a tire, a boot,
New Breed Software                    a tin can and this book of cliches.