[vox] [OT] Simple mailing list service?

Jeff Newmiller jdnewmil at dcn.davis.ca.us
Thu Oct 14 11:57:37 PDT 2004

On Thu, 14 Oct 2004, Mark K. Kim wrote:

> Does anyone know of a simple mailing list service that lets admins add
> members without needing each individual's approval (either via e-mail or
> web interface)?

Opt-out spamming implementation, anyone?  Knowing you, I understand that
your intentions are worthy, but consider the raw requirements...

[...]

> We basically wanna get over the hurdle of member apathy.

Somehow, email doesn't seem like a very effective way to get over apathy,
given the daily battle with spam that many people are losing.

One-on-one contacts are much more effective... the question is whether you
can build a group of evangelists to implement some one-on-one contact
strategy, and put results of those contacts into a shared database.

                                      Live:   OO#.. Dead: OO#..  Playing