[vox] Article: Linux in Government: California Air Resources Board's Secrets Revealed

Bill Kendrick nbs at sonic.net
Sat Oct 9 13:51:14 PDT 2004

Linux Journal is running an article entitled
"Linux in Government: California Air Resources Board's Secrets Revealed",
located here:

    "I discovered a model state agency that has taken advantage of
    Linux and open-source software extensively for over a decade. The team
    believes ARB is first in the country in air quality management and
    first in the state in open-source IT solutions. ...

    "The California ARB has documented both the effectiveness and the
    cost savings of open-source software, proving that the open-source
    model saves money; provides comparable or better performance than
    proprietary software; offers reliability, flexibility and freedom from
    licensing hassles and violations; and provides support options from a
    rich variety of suppliers and user groups."

I'm still reading over it, but I think I'll invite Bill Welty, ARB's CIO,
to come speak at a future LUGOD meeting! ;^)

-bill!
bill at newbreedsoftware.com                            New Breed Software
http://www.newbreedsoftware.com/       Tux Paint 0.9.14 -- Coming soon!