[vox] More Ballmer FUD

Robert G. Scofield rscofield at afes.com
Thu Nov 18 09:33:31 PST 2004

David Hummel wrote:

>http://tinyurl.com/3mvzs
>
>Ballmer says:
>
>  "We think our software is far more secure than open-source software.
>  It is more secure because we stand behind it, we fixed it, because we
>  built it. Nobody ever knows who built open-source software."
>
>There are so many things wrong with this statement, I don't know where
>to begin.

I think he's got things backwards.  I would say that one reason we know
that Windows is less secure is that we know who built it.

But here's a question.  I am not an expert in any single area of
computers so this is an honest question.  What is the significance of
Balmer's statement that Linux has over 228  patent infringements?

Bob