[vox] Speaker needed for December 20th meeting

Micah J. Cowan micah at cowan.name
Tue Nov 16 12:17:01 PST 2004

On Mon, Nov 15, 2004 at 12:32:48PM -0800, Bill Kendrick wrote:

> Would anyone from LUGOD like to speak at our December 20th meeting?
> Or do you know someone cool who'd be willing to come speak?
>
> Let me know!

I should be able to do something. It seems I still have quite a list of
potential topics on the web site, so if y'all want to pick something
from there...

  http://www.lugod.org/meeting/tba/

In addition to these topics, I would be willing to do a talk on
  * .NET/Mono and the C# programming language
  * Typography (could be applied to TeX or just plain word
  processing)
  * Overviews of the PostScript language, or the PDF format, or the
  OpenType font format. I can't imagine that these could be of great
  interest, but... Probably the latter two of these could be mini-talks.
  * Programming style--possibly in a more interactive style, perhaps
  even a pseudo-forum.

--
Micah J. Cowan
micah at cowan.name