[vox] Success - Graphical Web Browser on Console

Daniel Hurt vox@lists.lugod.org
Tue, 25 May 2004 20:39:09 -0700

Ooh the excitement.  I finally got links up and running on my laptop.
It is abit slow and so I do not like running X when I do not have to on
it and this is one less time that I will have to fire up X ;-)  I was
able to get links up and running on the laptop in graphical mode on the
console using frame buffer.  Very exciting to be able to see web pages
how they were intended to be seen and most sites are not very text/lynx
friendly these days.

Sorry was really excited and none of my roommate really cared :-)

Dan