[vox] ISO: List of companies that could work on graphic manip. automation

dylan vox@lists.lugod.org
Tue, 18 May 2004 22:10:15 -0700

on 04.5.18 7:39 PM, Ryan at cjg5ehir02@sneakemail.com was reported to have
writen:

> On Tuesday 18 May 2004 04:20 pm, Bill Kendrick nbs-at-sonic.net |lugod| wrote:
>> I received a private email from someone who found me through LUGOD.
>> He says:
>>
>> I am working on a project to automate what our retouchers do using
>> Photoshop 8.0 They currently crop and manipulate and rename every image.
>>
>> I envision this being done in Linux and I am looking for a list of
>> companies that I can send my request for proposal to.  Do you know of
>> anyone or could you send me a list of names that I could contact?
>>

>> I suggested that The Gimp (batched script-fu), ImageMagick or NetPBM
>> could be useful, from the technical standpoint, but have no idea who
>> to recommend, company-wise.
>>
>> Anyone have any suggestions?
>
> We just did something similar at work; one of our graphics guys figured out
> how to script photoshop, and I wrote a small shell script to take care of
> renaming.

i used to do this type of stuff in AppleScript all the time... if it can't
be done in the Gimp let me know and i can forward the stuff that i have.

Dylan