[vox] Brian Lavender had to cancel!

R. Douglas Barbieri vox@lists.lugod.org
Sat, 1 May 2004 14:19:33 -0700

--oLBj+sq0vYjzfsbl

On Fri, Apr 30, 2004 at 05:01:31PM -0700, Bill Kendrick wrote:
>=20
> Brian Lavender's being shipped out to the east coast for work next week,
> so will be unable to do the 'System Mirroring' talk that was scheduled for
> next Tuesday (May 4th).
>=20
> Who'd like to take that spot, instead?! :^)

All right, I'll step up to the plate. :)

I'd like to do a presentation on Linux Audio. I plan to cover MIDI on
Linux using Rosegarden4, and the Jack audio framework. Points I'd like
to cover:

* Alsa support for sound font hardware (I use the Soundblaster Live!
  card), using sfxload.
* Sequencing using Rosegarden 4
* Audio effects and recording using the Jack audio framework

If you think of anything else you'd like to see (and that I know about
:-)), please let me know and I'll try to work it into my presentation.

Doug