[vox] YAPQ (Yet Another Perl Question): Simulating HTTP requests

Michael Wenk vox@lists.lugod.org
Tue, 30 Mar 2004 22:01:20 -0800

On Monday 29 March 2004 12:30 pm, Richard Crawford wrote:
> I've been pondering all of the "click once a day and donate three bowls of
> rice to a starving child in Ethiopia" type sites.  They're all worthy
> causes, but there are so many of them out there that you could spend an
> entire day just clicking on each "click once a day!" link.
>
> So I wonder if there's a way to write a script in Perl that would simulate
> clicking on all of these links.  Where would I even start with this sort
> of project?

IF you have your heart set on doing this with perl, checkout perldoc LWP

or install LWP and then check out the docs(I'm not sure, but I think LWP is
one of the standard packages that come with perl... )

Mike

--
wenk@praxis.homedns.org
Mike Wenk