[vox] YAPQ (Yet Another Perl Question): Simulating HTTP requests

Ken Bloom vox@lists.lugod.org
Mon, 29 Mar 2004 13:39:18 -0800

--ikeVEW9yuYc//A+q

On Mon, Mar 29, 2004 at 12:30:04PM -0800, Richard Crawford wrote:
> I've been pondering all of the "click once a day and donate three bowls of
> rice to a starving child in Ethiopia" type sites.  They're all worthy
> causes, but there are so many of them out there that you could spend an
> entire day just clicking on each "click once a day!" link.
>=20
> So I wonder if there's a way to write a script in Perl that would simulate
> clicking on all of these links.  Where would I even start with this sort
> of project?

Look for charities.cron which already does this for several charities.
I think it uses gawk. I have this run every day at noon.
--=20
My key was last signed 10/14/2003. If you use GPG *please* see me about=20

--ikeVEW9yuYc//A+q

--ikeVEW9yuYc//A+q--