[vox] ISO: Good programming language to teach an 8yr old

Ken Herron vox@lists.lugod.org
Fri, 19 Mar 2004 11:25:29 -0800

--On Friday, March 19, 2004 10:19:19 -0800 Bill Kendrick <nbs@sonic.net>
wrote:

> Today, I've been asked to tutor a very smart (but currently far
> too Windows-saavy for his and his parents' own good) 8 year old kid.

Java is another possibility. The language itself is pretty clean (though
it virtually forces you to learn OO concepts) and java code is generally
easy to read. High-quality documentation and tutorials are available from
sun, and there are good IDEs like eclipse that make it simple to write
code that works correctly the first time.

--
"Grand Funk Railroad paved the way for Jefferson Airplane, which cleared
the way for Jefferson Starship. The stage was now set for the Alan Parsons

Kenneth Herron        Kherron@newsguy.com       916-366-7338