[vox] [Adv] BricsCAD goes Linux

Jeff Newmiller vox@lists.lugod.org
Tue, 16 Mar 2004 11:50:07 -0800 (PST)

On Tue, 16 Mar 2004, Bill Kendrick wrote:

> Received this, and thought I'd pass it on.  I think Marc H. was asking about
> CAD software for Linux last night before the meeting? :^)
>
> -bill!
>
> --- Forwarded message from BricsCad BackOffice <backoffice2@bricscad.com> ---
>
> Date: Tue, 16 Mar 2004 09:41:07 +0100
> From: "BricsCad BackOffice" <backoffice2@bricscad.com>
> Subject: BricsCAD goes Linux
> To: <root@lugod.org>
>
> BricsCad, the market leader in low cost DWG CAD software, today
> announced the beta release of BricsCad for Linux. The product is based
> on the IntelliCAD kernel.

[...]

> The full press release can be found on our website :
>
> English version : http://www.bricscad.com

a) The press releases page has a blurb and a link to a full press release
   that won't open in Konqueror, though it opens for me in Mozilla.

b) The "first phase" of support will be implemented through WINE...
   probably to guage demand before committing to a native Linux
   port.  Given their apparent enthusiastic incorporation of VBA in the
   product, I am concerned that this may not be a very wholehearted
   effort.

                                      Live:   OO#.. Dead: OO#..  Playing