[vox] Hate typing?

Bill Kendrick vox@lists.lugod.org
Sun, 14 Mar 2004 21:47:32 -0800

I just got some spam apparently offering speech recognition software.
That made me wonder, has anyone here used any under Linux?
(Commercial, Open Source or otherwise)

If so, how hard was it to set up?  What were your results?

I know there are a few projects working on 'accessibility' for Linux
in general (e.g., Sun's work on Gnome and KDE's own mini-project).

Also, IBM apparently used to offer some speech recognition software for Linux
that came with a headset.

(I spoke with a rather cranky fellow at an IBM booth at some
conference who complained that Linux users never wanted to PAY for
software, and that's apparently why they cancelled the Linux version of
the product... >:^P )

-bill!