[vox] Interest in KDE talk?

Bill Kendrick vox@lists.lugod.org
Tue, 9 Mar 2004 22:48:55 -0800

On Tue, Mar 09, 2004 at 10:31:23PM -0800, Robert G. Scofield wrote:
> I know this is off topic, but I can't resist the temptation to express my
> fears.  I keep reading stuff about GNOME's partners.  And that includes
> Novell.  And Novell is SuSE which apparently has been "sharing" developers
> with KDE.  And GNOME has other partners like Sun and others including maybe
> IBM (I don't exactly recall).  As I see it, there is a corporate push to put
> GNOME on the desktop.  And so I worry about KDE's future.  And I started out
> with GNOME.

Whatever happens, it will be interesting.  But, I don't really see any
'corporate push' for Gnome causing much harm to KDE.  The developers seem
to enjoy developing for KDE, regardless as to what's going on in the Gnome
camp. ;^)

It's kind of like the fact that just because so many companies keep using
and pushing Microsoft, that's not stopping the Linux developers from going
about their daily business of improving and continuing to use Linux. ;^)

-bill!