[vox] Interest in KDE talk?

Edward Elliott vox@lists.lugod.org
Tue, 09 Mar 2004 21:40:04 -0800

Bill, great idea for a talk.

I also love Open Office and I would be interested in
understanding more about what is shared and what is
diverging between the overlapping apps in OO and KDE.

Also, since the Linux desktop project has decided to
abandon KDE because of the cost associated with QT,
would you be able to give an update on what Trolltech
and the KDE team are doing in reaction to this challenge?

Ed
----- Original Message -----
From: Bill Kendrick <nbs@sonic.net>
Date: Tue, 9 Mar 2004 20:33:19 -0800
To: LUGOD <vox@lists.lugod.org>
Subject: [vox] Interest in KDE talk?

Re:
Re: Since reinstalling my Debian system, and building a Linux desktop for
Re: my dad, my love of KDE is renewed.  I'm discovering that /nearly/ everything
Re: I need to do, I can do with KDE applications.  (Gimp and XChat are about the
Re: only GNOME tools I'm using these days.)
Re:
Re: I was wondering if people would be interested in a talk on KDE, and the suite
Re: of software available in 3.2.x.
Re:
Re: I'd cover things like KWallet, and its integration with other KDE apps
Re: (like Konqueror browser, Kopete instant messenger, etc.), useful new(ish)
Re: tools like the KGet download manager, the use of DCOP and kdialog to
Re: script and interact with KDE apps and components, etc.
Re:
Re: In other words, a semi-technical discussion showing that KDE is more
Re: than just a 'bloated window manager,' but is in fact so much more.
Re: (And if you've got the RAM and CPU horsepower, it's worth checking out!)
Re:
Re:
Re: Are people interested?  Or is this all old news, and I'm just
Re: catching up with the rest of you? ;^)
Re:
Re: I might be able to fill in the recently-vacated April meeting spot...
Re:
Re:
Re: -bill!
Re: vox mailing list