[vox] Interest in KDE talk?

Bill Kendrick vox@lists.lugod.org
Tue, 9 Mar 2004 20:33:19 -0800

Since reinstalling my Debian system, and building a Linux desktop for
my dad, my love of KDE is renewed.  I'm discovering that /nearly/ everything
I need to do, I can do with KDE applications.  (Gimp and XChat are about the
only GNOME tools I'm using these days.)

I was wondering if people would be interested in a talk on KDE, and the suite
of software available in 3.2.x.

I'd cover things like KWallet, and its integration with other KDE apps
(like Konqueror browser, Kopete instant messenger, etc.), useful new(ish)
tools like the KGet download manager, the use of DCOP and kdialog to
script and interact with KDE apps and components, etc.

In other words, a semi-technical discussion showing that KDE is more
than just a 'bloated window manager,' but is in fact so much more.
(And if you've got the RAM and CPU horsepower, it's worth checking out!)

Are people interested?  Or is this all old news, and I'm just
catching up with the rest of you? ;^)

I might be able to fill in the recently-vacated April meeting spot...

-bill!