why gentoo (was: Re: [vox] Fwd: Re: Ticket [20040115430005953] Licensing)

Robert G. Scofield vox@lists.lugod.org
Fri, 5 Mar 2004 10:17:17 -0800

On Friday 05 March 2004 08:27, Jonathan Stickel wrote:
> Robert G. Scofield wrote:
> >
> > Why is Gentoo better than SuSE 9.0?
>
> Since we haven't had a distribution discussion in awhile, I'll dare to
> respond :-)

Thank you.  Your response, and Rod's and Trevor's, were very informative, and
I might use the info in an article I'm writing.  I was especially curious
because I've just switched to SuSE and have liked it much more than Mandrake
and Red Hat.  It's interesting and good that there is such a diversity of
choices for the various skill levels.  What Mandrake and SuSE are doing is
very good in terms of getting people to switch to Linux from Windows.  What
Debian and Gentoo are doing is very good for keeping the pros happy.

Bob