[vox] Re: [lugod@livepenguin.com: [vox] ello! =))]

Ken Bloom vox@lists.lugod.org
Wed, 3 Mar 2004 19:31:41 -0800

--azLHFNyN32YCQGCU

There was a long (and probably off topic) debate about this on vox-tech =20
this morning. Some people are still refusing to admit that it came through =
=20
the list, but I think this speaks for itself: =20
http://www.lugod.org/mailinglists/archives/vox/2004-03/msg00014.html

ClamAV is doing a good job filtering out this virus, but because I trust =
=20
the LUGOD lists, they come before my spam and virus filters when I'm =20
filtering my email (so I still saw it). Perhaps the mailing list server =20
needs to run ClamAV on messages destined for the list (or perhaps this was =
=20
a one-time thing, and nobody's going to get infected from it anyway because=
 =20
we all run Linux).

BTW, UC Davis finally got smart and they no longer clutter my emailbox =20
virus-infested messages (or virus-stripped messages), so I don't see them =
=20
anymore unless their virus software hasn't been updated fast enough.

On 2004.03.03 18:07, R. Douglas Barbieri wrote:
> Has anyone else been getting this message? It contains a zip file with
> an .exe file in it...gee, do you think it's a windows virus? ;-)
>=20
> I just find the to and from addresses interesting...
>=20
> ----- Forwarded message from lugod@livepenguin.com -----
>=20
> To: vox@livepenguin.com
> From: lugod@livepenguin.com
> Subject: [vox] ello! =3D))
> Date: Wed, 03 Mar 2004 19:44:43 -0600
6.2,
> algorithm=3Dfisher
>=20
> Looking forward  for  a response :P
>=20
> pass: 36606
>=20
>=20
>=20
> ----- End forwarded message -----
>=20
> --
> R. Douglas Barbieri
> doug@dooglio.net
> http://www.dooglio.net
>=20
> GPG Fingerprint : FE6A 6A57 2B95 7594 E534  BFEE 45F1 9E5E F30A 8A27
> MIT.edu recv-key: C55B91D4
> GPG Public key  : http://www.dooglio.net/dooglio.asc

--=20

--azLHFNyN32YCQGCU