[vox] More IE exploits

Bill Kendrick nbs at sonic.net
Fri Jun 25 13:55:02 PDT 2004

On Fri, Jun 25, 2004 at 12:08:12PM -0700, Michael J Wenk wrote:
> I would argue that you would have to be certifiably insane to
> ignore IE if you do web development.

What do you need to do to 'develop for IE' that isn't part of
'developing a webpage'?  If a page works fine on Mozilla, IE, Konqueror, etc.,
then there's no problem.

The problem is when a site ONLY works with a certain browser.

Of course, one could argue that "if it only works with Mozilla, at least
[some huge %] of people out there can GET that browser... and for free"

With IE, while we can say [some huge %] already HAVE it, there's also
a reasonably large percent that do not (and in my case, for example,
cannot) get it.

When you add to this the fact that it IS so insecure, you have a perfect
argument for people to switch to Firefox, Mozilla, etc.  And if a site
is designed _properly_, it will just work.  On IE or otherwise!

:)