[vox] More IE exploits

Robert G. Scofield rscofield at afes.com
Fri Jun 25 10:52:39 PDT 2004

Rod Roark wrote:

>We now seem to be at the point where an informed person
>would have to be certifiably insane to use IE.

Yeah, but I've got a problem.  I'm paying $159 a month for an online
legal research program, and I can't get full functionality unless I use
IE.  I can use other browers, but I have to give up certain functions.
Of course that's not to say I'm not certifiably insane.

And I have an even worse problem.  I'm the only person on this list who
doesn't use Linux.  I am now an ex-Linux user because I've got a
motherboard problem.  It's been "fixed" to the extent what Windows98 now
works, but the timing is off and Linux will not run.  And with a kid to
put through college starting next fall, I can't afford a new computer.
I* really* miss Linux.  On the other hand with just being able to use
Windows, I don't spend as much time on the computer at night and so do
more reading.

Bob