[vox] Re: LUGOD booth at, and member discount for, LinuxWorld Expo

Ken Bloom kabloom at ucdavis.edu
Sun Jun 13 14:52:34 PDT 2004

On 2004.06.13 14:11, Bill Kendrick wrote:
> LUGOD members qualify to receive a 15% discount off of the Conference
> program
> at this year's LinuxWorld Expo (taking place August 2nd-5th at the
> Moscone Center in San Francisco).
>
> If you'd like to take advantage of this offer, use the following
> priority code when you register at http://www.linuxworldexpo.com/
>
>   H0101
>
> (The offer is good until July 2nd)
>
> Free exhibit hall passes, providing access to keynotes, presentations,
> and birds-of-a-feather meetings are also available until July 2nd.

[SNIP...]

> Finally, for those of you interested in either crashing at a location
> closer to San Francisco, or carpooling from the Davis/Sacramento
> region,
> feel free to post a message to our "vox" [*] mailing list.

I just registered for an exhibit-hall pass. Are they supposed to mail me
something, or is the confirmation page with the barcode on it going to be
my ticket?

And I am interested in a ride (perhaps crashing one night would be nice,
but I haven't decided which days I can/want to come yet.) The cost of
taking Amtrak would *dwarf* the cost of the exhibit hall pass.