[vox] Discussion: WiFi hospitality and GNU/Linux values

Ricardo Anguiano anguiano at codesourcery.com
Thu Jul 1 21:57:09 PDT 2004

Margo Schulter <mschulter at calweb.com> writes:

> Hello, everyone, and the presentation on WiFi security at the June 1
> meeting of LUGOD, as well as some recent threads on LUGOD mailing
> lists and a newspaper article I saw just this week posted on a more
> traditional kind of bulletin board at the CSUS Library, prompt me to a
> bit of an open query about how GNU/Linux values might apply.
>
> Here are some ideas that have occurred to me as a possible basis for
> dialogue and discussion, which I share in order to invite
> consideration of appropriate technical means, as well as of desirable
> goals and standards of "open WiFi etiquette."

Hello Margo,

Not that this topic doesn't belong on this mailing list, but you might
also be interested in asking these questions on more wi-fi centric
lists:

     http://news.gmane.org/gmane.network.wireless.barwn
     http://news.gmane.org/gmane.network.wireless.bay-area
     http://news.gmane.org/gmane.network.wireless.bsd.airtools