[vox] Looking for laptop

Ken Bloom vox@lists.lugod.org
Thu, 29 Jan 2004 21:35:13 -0800

--M9NhX3UHpAaciwkO

On 2004.01.29 20:32, Mike Harris wrote:
> I'm looking to find a cheap laptop. I already have a main desktop, so I'm=
=20
> looking for something just to word process and browse the internet (sub 1=
=20
> gHz, sub 100$). Has to have good linux support, obviously. Is there a goo=
d=20
> place in Davis to get this, or is eBay the best?

In all my research, looking for the same goal but probably requiring much l=
ess power than you'll need, I couldn't find anything decent for less than $=
200. You can look on either E-Bay or UC Davis Bargain Barn, but you're prob=
ably not likely to find anything better, and I was advised that that's pret=
ty much what's out there.

(If you want a PowerBook 520, you can get it for about $30 from the Bargain=
 Barn, but I was looking for something that could handle wireless and wired=
 ethernet, run an X server, and get all of the hard processing stuff served=
 up over XWindow)

--=20
My key was last signed 10/14/2003. If you use GPG *please* see me about=20

--M9NhX3UHpAaciwkO

--M9NhX3UHpAaciwkO--