[vox] DSLExtreme.com deal

Ted Deppner vox@lists.lugod.org
Mon, 19 Jan 2004 23:54:17 -0800

On Mon, Jan 19, 2004 at 01:10:28PM -0800, Rod Roark wrote:
> I'm in Fairfield and am not sure if this reaches to Davis.

Sacramento area doesn't have that listed when you click through their
map.  Did see it available in several southern California places though.

Nice to see some stiffer competition coming in this area, but I'm
wondering what gotchas they're also getting hit with.  Each megabyte of
traffic costs $75 to $200 (colocations are less, over fiber or OC more)
(talking 95% billing over a month).  Meaning that if I tie up my DSL
line at 1mbit down all month long, their cost is $75 to $200 depending.

It'd be sad to read fine print that says "up to 6meg, monthly xfer
limited to 1gig".  Also wonder how big a network they have to support
customers of that speed.

--
Ted Deppner
http://www.deppner.us/