[vox] A hypothetical question about the Web's dark underbelly

Rod Roark vox@lists.lugod.org
Sat, 17 Jan 2004 11:41:44 -0800

On Saturday 17 January 2004 09:28 am, Richard S. Crawford wrote:
> On Sat, 2004-01-17 at 02:13, Karsten M. Self wrote:
>
> > Cleartext passwords.  Frames.  Javascript.  Bad.  Bad.  Bad.
>
> I always feel like I need to defend myself when the flaws of our website
> are pointed out.  Yes, I know cleartext passwords are bad.  And the
> JavaScript.  And especially the frames....

Someone said: no generalization is worth a damn, including
this one.

My site http://parlorplay.com/ uses all three.  I suppose
there's a way to fix the passwords, but making a decent
browser-based Java-free animated game without JavaScript and
frames would be pretty tough.

-- Rod