[vox] More O'Reilly savings

Dave Margolis vox@lists.lugod.org
Thu, 15 Jan 2004 16:02:40 -0800 (PST)

It seems like reviews of good Linux/Open Source books would be a good
thing for the Web.  Since lugod.org is a Linux site, and lugod is in the
business of evangelizing (spelling?) Linux, it might be a little more
legit to put some helpful book reviews on the site itself, rather than
pointing to the list archives.  Then we as members of the community might
have a better idea (at least in some cases) about where to throw our
technical-book money.  O'Reilly at some point probably wants something to
look at in the way of public-accessible reviews if they're going to be
giving out review copies.  But suggesting that anything be added to
lugod.org is pushing more work on the Webmaster, so maybe it's not a good
idea. :-)

Anyway, I'm always looking for something new to read, so count me in if
there is a chance to get some books.  I could probably come up with a list
of things I'd like to review, too, if it even works that way.