[vox] OT: recommendation on Free cross-platform simple photo manipulator tool?

Jonathan Stickel vox@lists.lugod.org
Tue, 13 Jan 2004 09:28:22 -0800

Mark K. Kim wrote:
> Well... isn't ImageMagik (or however it's spelled) a command-line utility?
> I think that's way harder for a newbie to use than anything GUI-oriented,
> including GIMP.

ImageMagick is a command-line tool AND a gui.  To get the gui, just run
"display" (or "imdisplay", depending on the install).  I find the menu
options very intuitive.  Just point and click to crop, resize, etc.  To
convert, just save the current picture as any of the available formats
(the list is quite long, but dependent on installed libraries).

Once you figure out how to do things with the gui, you can then run
batch jobs from the command line.

Jonathan