[vox] OT new spam technique

Ken Bloom vox@lists.lugod.org
Mon, 12 Jan 2004 00:09:32 -0800

--ZmUaFz6apKcXQszQ

On Sun, Jan 11, 2004 at 11:21:06PM -0800, andy wergedal wrote:
> FYI, I have started receiving mail undeliverable errors in
> various email accounts.
>=20
> The spammers are using a legitimate (valid) email account
> and spoofing the FROM header to be from that account.
>=20
> From:	"Worlledge" <awerg@YAHOO.COM>=09
> To:	awerg@newmail.net=09
> Subject:	awerg: Go0d S1tes To See: Y0u Asked To Be On Our
> Llst=09
> Date:	7 Jan 2004 23:39:31 +0000
>=20
>=20
> From:	"SportsEdge2" <awerg@MYDOMAIN.COM>=09
> To:	awerg@sportsedge.com=09
> Subject:	awerg: Go0d S1tes To See: Y0u Asked To Be On Our
> Llst=09
> Date:	7 Jan 2004 23:39:04 +0000
>=20
> The spam gets through because my account is valid.
>=20
> Clever but annoying.
>=20
> -- Andy

I don't know what your guy is doing with this, changing the domain of
your email address and still coming up with valid email addresses, but
I got a few spams from my own email address, so I had to remove my
spamassassin whitelist entry for @ucdavis.edu. So annoying.

--=20
My key was last signed 10/14/2003. If you use GPG *please* see me about=20

--ZmUaFz6apKcXQszQ

--ZmUaFz6apKcXQszQ--