[vox] Anyone have a spare Pentium II or thereabouts?

Bill Kendrick vox@lists.lugod.org
Wed, 31 Dec 2003 20:54:24 -0800

On Tue, Dec 30, 2003 at 02:54:37PM -0800, David Hummel wrote:

> I don't have a complete system but I've got a couple of components that
> might be suitable for such a machine:
>
>   Socos DCM-1458E 13" color monitor
>   Creative Vibra PCI sound card
>   Matrox G200 8MB AGP video card
>   Adaptec AHA-2930CU PCI SCSI2 card

Thanks, David.  I don't think there'll be need for a sound card, since it's
just going to be a public access kiosk.

The video card might come in handy.  Marc - does the system you're offering
have a video card? :^)  I was assuming so. :^)

As for SCSI, I can't think why it'd need it.  I'm also assuming the system
Marc is offering has a hard drive already (and am guessing it's IDE).
Am I far off, Marc?

The monitor might come in handy, though as I just said, the owner says she's
got one, and we also got offered another.

Thanks, though!!!

-bill!