[vox] Anyone have a spare Pentium II or thereabouts?

Jim Lowman vox@lists.lugod.org
Wed, 31 Dec 2003 18:36:04 -0800

Bill Kendrick wrote:

>(In fact, three people came in last night asking... apparently Internet
>access at the Library has been down for multiple days.  I redirected them
>to the Co-Op and Newsbeat.  Apparently, though, you need to be a Co-Op member
>to use the machines at the Co-Op...!?

That's news to me, unless the policy has changed since summer.  I used
to use the public machine on
visits to Davis to check my office e-mail, but now I bring a Dell 8500
notebook.
(obLinux:  it boots to RH9 as well as to Uncle Billy's OS)

At any rate, I never saw any restriction on use, other than a request to
limit one's time spent on the
machine.  I don't know how they'd enforce this policy anyway, since
anyone can shop at the Co-op;
members get a discount.

Jim