[vox] Dead Computer

Richard S. Crawford rscrawford at mossroot.com
Wed Dec 29 16:26:05 PST 2004

The saga of this strange little computer continues.

I poked around in the BIOS again and found that no drive was set as the
primary master, so I set the hard drive as the primary master.  I was then
able to get the computer to boot back into Windows 98.

I decided, on a lark, to set the DVD/CD-ROM drive as the primary master.  When
I did so, I got an error message telling me that the drive was not ATAPI
compatible.  Perhaps that explains why I was never able to get this computer
to boot from the CD-ROM drive, no matter how I messed with the boot sequence.

I dunno.  Ted's suggestion of taking the hard drive out and doing the work on
another computer seems more and more promising.

--
Richard S. Crawford (mailto: rscrawford at mossroot.com)
AIM: Buffalo2K / http://www.mossroot.com