[vox] Pizza Boxes.

Don Werve donw at agentsix.net
Tue Dec 28 17:02:53 PST 2004

I've got a small stack of SPARC pizza boxes that have been sitting in my
garage for about a year now, waiting for me to do something with them.
All of them powered up the last time I looked at them, and they range
from 95 to 170MHz with a variety of options in terms of RAM, disk space,
removable media, SBUS cards, and such.  Most of them would be dandy X
terminals, routers, and are good for people who just want to have
something in the way of SPARC hardware to play with.

I'm going to run through them again, make sure they work, and then
likely dispose of the extras after taking two for my own personal use.
I've got (I believe) two extra media kits, one each Solaris 8 and 9,  If
anyone in LUGOD would like one or five, drop me a line, and I shall
notify you with a list of all the working equipment I find.  I'd also be
happy to supply you with burned CDs of Solaris 8 media which will boot
these systems and make them usable Sun boxes, but these will also run
Debian/SPARC as well.

If not, then they sadly get to feed the landfill, although I am quite
open to other methods of disposal -- I hate to see hardware go to waste,
but I've got more machines than I know what to do with.

I also have a couple of older PC-type machines (Pentium-class) that I'll
be scrapping at the same time.

--
Don Werve (Unix Sys Admin) | Email: donw AT agentsix DOT net

"Whatever you think you can do or believe you can do, begin it.  Action
has magic, grace and power in it." -- Goethe