[vox] Thunderbird On A Dual Boot

Robert G. Scofield rscofield at afes.com
Mon Dec 20 18:05:27 PST 2004

Here's a cool feature of Mozilla's Thunderbird e-mail program.  But before I
mention this I'll say that KMail is my favorite e-mail program.

While I use KMail for my personal e-mail, I use Thunderbird for my business
e-mail because most of my business work is on my Windows partition.  But I've
got a business account on Linux.  And a problem that I've had in the past is
that my incoming business e-mails end up in two different e-mail programs on
two different partitions.

But Thunderbird can be configured in Linux so that it uses the folders (Inbox,
Drafts, Trash, etc.) in the Thunderbird that's on Windows.  That way all of
my incoming business e-mail can be accessed whether I'm in Linux or Windows.

The instructions on how to set this up are at:

http://www.texturizer.net/thunderbird/share_mail.html#step1

Bob