[vox] Remedial PHP question

Richard S. Crawford rscrawford at mossroot.com
Wed Dec 8 11:41:57 PST 2004

In a piece of PHP code that I'm studying, there are what appear to be
several calls to properties of a certain object.  For example:

$CFG->dir = "/path/";
print $CFG->dir . "index.php";

But there is no code anywhere that defines any classes or instantiates
$CFG as an object of any sort.  I tried similar code in a page on my own
server, and it seems to work.

So what is this all about?  I haven't seen anything like this in my PHP
books or on php.net.  Can you really create an "implied object" like this?
 Am I completely out of my gourd?

--
Sláinte,
Richard S. Crawford (AIM: Buffalo2K)