[vox] [fwd] December 15: SVLUG/PenLUG Holiday Dinner [in Los Altos]

Bill Kendrick nbs at sonic.net
Thu Dec 2 14:09:36 PST 2004

----- Forwarded message from William R Ward -----

The Silicon Valley Linux Users Group ( http://www.svlug.org/ ) and
Peninsula Linux Users Group ( http://www.penlug.org/ ) are pleased to
announce our first-ever (hopefully annual) Holiday Banquet/Party!!

WHAT:

  Special holiday dinner for Linux fans!

  We will be having a special Linux holiday banquet at my favorite
  Chinese restaurant.  Bring friends and family but please RSVP to let
  me know how many people are coming.

  Please email billdinner at wards.net to RSVP or ask questions.

WHEN:

  Wednesday, 15 Dec, 2004, 7pm-whenever

WHO:

  You, your family, friends, etc.

WHERE:

  Chef Wang's Chinese Restaurant
  5100 El Camino Real
  Los Altos, CA 95022
  (650) 965-2689
  See directions below for more information.

COST / SPONSORSHIP:

  Cost will be $10 per person (or less, if we get more sponsors).
  Cash only, please; pay as you arrive at the restaurant.

  For people who are out of work / having financial difficulty, we
  will attempt to cover part or all of the cost of your meal.  Let me
  know when you RSVP if this is the case.

  Thanks to Ian Kluft who has graciously pledged $100 in sponsorship
  to help fund the event and keep prices low!  If you or your company
  can help as well, please let me know.  I would love to be able to
  announce that the dinner is free for everyone!

RSVP:

  IMPORTANT - Email billdinner at wards.net to indicate if you will be
  coming.  Please include the following information:

   * How many people in your group
   * Dietary requirements/preferences (e.g., vegetarian, not spicy,
     extra spicy, favorite dishes, etc.) for each person
   * Whether financial assistance is necessary (out of work, etc.)

  The banquet room has a maximum capacity of 60 so please RSVP soon!

DIRECTIONS

  Plug in the address (5100 El Camino Real, Los Altos) into your
  favorite Internet mapping site, or...

  From CA-85, take El Camino Real north.  Just past Rengstorff, the
  restaurant will be on your left; make a U-turn at the next light.
  Park on the street or in the lot behind the restaurant.

  From US-101, take the Rengstorff exit (south/west) and follow
  Rengstorff until it ends at El Camino.  Turn right on El Camino and
  U-turn as above.  Alternate: take San Antonio Rd instead and turn
  left on El Camino.

  From I-280, take the El Monte Rd. / Moody Rd. exit and head east on
  El Monte.  Turn left onto Foothill Expressway, then right onto San
  Antonio Blvd.  Take San Antonio to El Camino Real and turn right.
  The restaurant will be on your right after a couple of blocks (if
  you reach Rengstorff you have gone too far).

  On public transit, take VTA Light Rail or Caltrain to the Mountain
  View Transit Center, then take Line 34 or 35 to Showers & Latham (in
  front of Wal*Mart).  Walk down Showers to El Camino, then a block or
  two down El Camino to the restaurant.  Or take VTA Line 22 from
  either direction along El Camino and get off near Rengstorff.  Or go
  to http://www.511.org and use their Trip Planner to plan your route.

  You can also email me if you will need a ride from the train station
  and I might be able to arrange something.

We look forward to seeing you there!

--Bill Ward
  President, PenLUG
  Vice President, SVLUG