[vox] Agatha Heterodyne

Nick Schmalenberger nschmalenberger at fastmail.fm
Sun Aug 15 10:15:37 PDT 2004

list,
I read lots of comic books, and my favorite series is called Girl
Genius. The main character is a girl named Agatha Heterodyne and she is
an orphan who, when she comes of age receives special powers and then
goes off on lots of crazy adventures. For an excellent sample, see here:
http://www.studiofoglio.com/girlgenius/gg.ss1/p01.html . It is called
"Agatha Heterodyne and the Electric Coffin". As I was reading once, I
thought that if she lived in Davis, she would make an excellent member
of LUGOD. Then I had the idea that maybe the artist, Phil Foglio, could
be written to and there could be an arrangement for Agatha to be a
member ex officio. The other part of the idea would be that I would
donate a set of Girl Genius books to the LUGOD library as a present
this winter solstice. I talked to Henry House about this a few weeks ago
and he thought it was a good idea. One of my goals for this is for more
people to learn about and enjoy Girl Genius. So please look at that
sample and tell me what you think about it and my idea.
Thanks very much.
Nick