[vox] [OT] Classic Gaming Expo, San Jose - Aug 21-22

Bill Kendrick nbs at sonic.net
Thu Aug 12 12:40:37 PDT 2004

The Classic Gaming Expo (the only reason I ever want to Las Vegas) has
moved to San Jose this year!  I'll be coming from Mtn View, of course,
but I think some folks from Davis are carpooling down (possibly crashing
at my place -- I may have room for 1 or 2 more).

It's at the SJ Convention Center on Sat/Sun Aug. 21/22.
It's too late to register online, but tickets can be purchased at the door.

  $35 for both days
  $20 for Sat only
  $15 for Sun only

Apple co-founder Steve 'Woz' Wozniac, Atari co-founder Al Alcorn,
"Pitfall!" creator David Crane, Gorf" creator Jamie Fenton,
Imagic co-founder Rob Fulop, Activision co-founder (and "Kaboom!" creator[*])
Larry Kaplan, Atari arcade game creator Ed Logg ("Asteroids", "Centipede",
"Super Breakout", "Gauntlet"), "Battlezone" creator Ed Rotberg,
and Atari, Activison and Allocade programmer Bob Whitehead ("Stampede",
"Hardball", etc.) are among the many celebrities who'll be there!

Details at:   http://www.cgexpo.com/

Email me privately if you're interested in crashing in Mtn View.
(No guarantees!)

-bill!

[*] I'm not worthy, I'm not worthy!