[vox] [Article] Why Can't We Get a Slimmer Windows XP?

Bill Kendrick nbs at sonic.net
Wed Aug 11 17:56:54 PDT 2004

An article about how MS is providing "XP Starter Edition" in countries
where people don't typically buy their copies of Windows, and where
Linux is taking off...  But not in the US... :^)

  Why Can't We Get a Slimmer Windows XP?
  By Steven J. Vaughan-Nichols, August 11, 2004

    "To me, this shows that Microsoft's first concern isn't the good
    of its customers, nor knocking off Linux; it's all about preserving
    its bottom line. Linux just happens to be the latest threat. Microsoft
    loyalists should keep that in mind as they're shelling out money for
    their next Windows update."

-bill!
bill at newbreedsoftware.com            "Avoid missing ball for high score"
http://www.newbreedsoftware.com/