[vox] Wireless PCMCIA recommendations

Jonathan Stickel jjstickel at sbcglobal.net
Tue Aug 10 09:59:41 PDT 2004

Mark

You don't specify, but I'm guessing you want 802.11g.  From what I
understand, the prism family chipset is one of the best supported in
linux, so check here:

http://prism54.org/supported_cards.php

For a large table of cards and what chipsets they have, check here (last
updated in February, so maybe a little dated):

http://www.linux-wlan.org/docs/wlan_adapters.html.gz

 From that list, it looks like Netgear puts either prism or atheros
chipsets in their 802.11g cards.  Atheros chipsets have good reports of
linux support with the "madwifi" driver.  Seems to me like Netgear is a
safe choice.

Jonathan