[vox] php and Linux

Rod Roark rod at sunsetsystems.com
Mon Aug 9 21:35:27 PDT 2004

On Monday 09 August 2004 09:08 pm, Chris Horsting wrote:
> Does every distribution of linux comes with php?   I bought Xandros and
> there is no mention of php.   If not, is there a good site to down load it.

Xandros is a desktop distribution, whereas PHP is normally
used with Apache on a web server - which probably has
something to do with it not being mentioned.  Nevertheless
I'd be a bit surprised if you could not find prebuilt
binaries for both of these.

Alternatively you can get source and build them yourself:

http://httpd.apache.org/
http://www.php.net/

... in which case we'll probably be hearing from you again
soon.  ;-)

Cheers,

-- Rod