[vox] What would you include?

Bill Kendrick vox@lists.lugod.org
Wed, 28 Apr 2004 13:22:49 -0700

On Wed, Apr 28, 2004 at 01:01:02PM -0700, Jimbo wrote:
> This cd is really cool.
>
> If I go to this web site can I make my own?

Yep.  You can download and burn the disc and give it away, all you want!
That's what LUGOD has done in the past.  We'll be giving out GW2 discs
at Whole Earth Festival at UCD and Gov't Tech. Conf. in Sacramento next
month, although it looks like we'll get a batch of ~200 of them, professionally
done by CheapBytes.com.

> I'm somewhat new to this stuff so forgive my newbish question.
>
> If I do d/l to my pc, do I have to do anything fancy or does it self start?

GNUWin isn't a self-starting disc.  It's just a compilation of installable
software.

In fact, if you WANT the software, and have a high-speed 'net connection,
you don't even need to download the disc image and burn it.  Just download
the programs straight off of the GNUWin website!!!  (Or just download
the Windows builds of the various apps from those apps' homepages.)

-bill!