[vox] OT: seeking recommendations for dB or dBA meter

Trevor Lango vox@lists.lugod.org
Thu, 22 Apr 2004 12:33:18 -0700

I work for the City of Vacaville - Public Works Engineering Department. We
just recently purchased such a device from Quest Technologies for $1000+.
However, during our product research, we came across a unit from Extech for
$79 through USABlueBook (www.usabluebook.com). These are obviously worlds
apart in terms of sensitivity and quality but I am certain that the Extech
units are superior to Radio Shack stuff - they are a reputable provider of
affordable engineering instrument equipment. As long as you don't have
exotic needs, that company's products should probably serve you well.