[vox] Election platforms & Q&A?

Bill Kendrick vox@lists.lugod.org
Tue, 20 Apr 2004 12:53:24 -0700

I've been asked:

  Can we get some platforms for the candidates?
  An email question and answer session?

I think that's a great idea!  So far, for the voting page, I've been
collecting a little bit of background on the members (e.g., when they
joined LUGOD, what activities they've taken part in).  I'm waiting for
Hans' response, and then will send out everyone's voting passcodes.

Note that you can vote as many times as you want. :^)  Voting a second time
simply changes your previous vote.  (e.g., you can change your mind later)
The voting system will be disabled, and final votes will be tallied,
on the day of the next LUGOD meeting (May 4th).

So my question is, where and how should we do a Q&A?  Should it be
via a mailing list (e.g., 'vox'), or done on IRC?  If it's on IRC, when
should we do it, and should it be moderated?

Please share your feelings on this!  While we obviously have a technical
setup for voting (e.g., each member can vote via the website), we've never
had such a /large/ race before, so we've never really worried about
'platforms' or Q&A! :^)

Thanks!

-bill!