[vox] lugod.org is a bit slow today...

Ken Bloom vox@lists.lugod.org
Sun, 11 Apr 2004 11:19:22 -0700

On 2004.04.11 10:08, Jeremy Turner wrote:
> On Fri, 2004-04-09 at 16:22, Bill Kendrick wrote:
> > On Fri, Apr 09, 2004 at 02:16:29PM -0700, Rod Roark wrote:
> > > I wondered why the server was getting pounded, and just
> > > found the answer:
> > >
> > >   http://dot.kde.org/1081536020/
> > >
> > > Thanks Bill....  ;-)
> > >

> > Dum dee dum. ;^)
> >
> > Also see:
> >
> >   http://www.desktoplinux.com/news/NS4052092726.html
> >

> > Hehehe.  I'm shameless when it comes to self-promotion.
> > (Besides, I figured more people than just the ~35 who showed up on Tues
> > might enjoy seeing the slides. :^) )
> >
> > -bill!
> >

> Obligitory slashdot link:
>
> http://slashdot.org/article.pl?sid=04/04/11/1524257&mode=thread&tid=121&tid=189
>
> Nice article, W. Kendrick. :)
>
> Jeremy

Has anybody thought about writing a cache.slashdot.org that handled *all*
links from slashdot.org by caching them for a couple days the first time
they were downloaded (and rewriting all of the links in the pages to point
to cache.slashdot.org)

I could think that
http://cache.slashdot.org/www.lugod.org/presentations/kde-user-persp/
would put a lot of the bandwidth onto a server that could *handle* the
load.