[vox] Microsoft embracing Linux and Open Source?

R. Douglas Barbieri vox@lists.lugod.org
Fri, 19 Sep 2003 13:23:50 -0700

--7ZAtKRhVyVSsbBD2

Woah. This is just puzzling:

http://www.cnn.com/2003/TECH/biztech/09/18/microsoft.gates.ap/index.html

"NEW YORK (AP) -- It's not often that Bill Gates is associated with the
free Linux computer operating system, Netscape's Web browser or
royalty-free software, but on Wednesday he embraced all three."

I'd like to believe that Bill Gates has finally "seen the light" about
open source,  but the cynic in me suspects the good old "embrace, extend
and extingish" approach.  I'd really like to know what other lugnuts
think about this article.  I'm not quite sure how to take it.

--=20
R. Douglas Barbieri
doug@dooglio.net
http://www.dooglio.net