[vox] totally offtopic...

vox@lists.lugod.org vox@lists.lugod.org
Wed, 17 Sep 2003 19:37:04 -0700

On Wed 17 Sep 03,  4:59 PM, Ricardo Anguiano <anguiano@codesourcery.com> said:
> Ken Bloom <kabloom@ucdavis.edu> writes:
> > Why not just buy your own boot and boot your own car when you park?
> > As an added advantage, nobody will steal the car.
>
> Except perhaps angelgrinderman gone bad!  Seriously, this sounds like
> a lot of trouble.  Perhaps something was lost on me, but wouldn't it
> just be easier to pay the tickets?
>
> --
> Ricardo Anguiano
> http://www.codesourcery.com

i dunno about the UK, but in washington DC you have to pay the fine and
the boot *still* stays on for a punitive period of time.

and even if not, it still takes a few days for payment to be processed
and your car released.  and in the meantime you need to go to work, buy
milk, visit the inlaws, etc.

pete