[vox] bondwell "portable" boat anchor computers -- getting rid of

Ken Bloom vox@lists.lugod.org
Sun, 26 Oct 2003 08:32:34 -0800

--17pEHd4RhPHOinZp

On Sun, Oct 26, 2003 at 05:20:56PM +0100, Edwin P. Groot wrote:
> At 03:33 PM 10/24/03 -0700, you wrote:
> >My office is about to get rid of six "portable" computers -- you know, t=
he
> >25lb. two-floppy-drives-with-no-HD type of machines that are "portable"
> >because there's a handle on the top.  I've been ordered to make them go
> >"away".  And I can't wait for the next Lugod geek swap -- that'll be too=
 far
> >ahead.
> >
> >a) Anyone know the contact name for the U.C. Davis computer "museum" (i.=
e.
> >the cases full of old equipment in the CS lab)  One of these machines is
> >in-the-box, with styrofoam and MAYBE manuals.
> >
>      Dr. Walters is in charge of the museum.  I know he has a personal
> interest in old portables, but his problem is because UC Davis never
> supported his wish for a computer museum, he might not have room around to
> store a Bondwell.  He is now a professor emeritus, but still probably
> reachable at:
> rfwalters@ucdavis.edu
>=20

There is now a glass case under the Kemper Hall stairs that houses the=20
computer museum. The case looks about half full now, so there's probably=20
room. I don't think all of the CS club's computers are out there though,=20
but you can ask them whether they'll take them.

--=20
My key was last signed 10/14/2003. If you use GPG *please* see me about=20

--17pEHd4RhPHOinZp

--17pEHd4RhPHOinZp--