[vox] Re: ipod - what's the big deal?

Charles McLaughlin vox@lists.lugod.org
Sat, 25 Oct 2003 13:22:56 -0700 (PDT)

I don't have an iPod, but one feature that I think is cool is the ability
to use it as a portable usb or firwire hard drive.  That almost makes the
high price reasonable if you think of it as getting an mp3 player and
portable hard drive so you can carry your files around with you.  I think
the HD inside the iPod is formatted as HFS though.  I know you can mount
the iPod HD with a mac, and I suppose you can mount it with Linux, but I
doubt Windows can mount it.  Macs can even boot off an iPod HD that has a
OS installed!

Charles