[vox] ISSA conference hours

Bill Kendrick vox@lists.lugod.org
Fri, 24 Oct 2003 01:12:22 -0700

Finally looking over some docs we've received from ISSA regarding the
conference on Nov. 4th and 5th.

Booth setup can begin as early as 7:30am on Tuesday.  Exhibit hall opens
at 10:30am, closes at 5pm.

What hours do people want to help out?  I'm hoping to be able to take
all of Tuesday Nov. 4th off for the conference (which I'll have ditch a
little early to go set up LUGOD that night).  I probably CANNOT take the
5th off, too.

FYI, ISSA is donating a booth to us ($750 value), all we need to do is pay
for the electrical portion ($95).  [EEP!  That needs to be paid TODAY!!!]

Booth apparently includes table, chairs, etc. (unlike the GTC one where we
had to supply our own).  I'm fairly certain, even tho we get the booth for
practically free, that we get the same stuff.  (Possibly even the two
tickets for free food/drinks!)

So far I've received a stack of Knoppix discs to give away, and have
a stack of OpenOffice.org brochures I had printed up at Kinkos.
Two other folks said they will, or are, burning more discs
(OpenOffice.org and GNUWinII).  Paul Miller said Sun /might/ be able to
drop a stack of OOo discs, too.

I've got the following people down as volunteers.  I need to know WHEN
you can help.  (Please post here or to be privately, or, preferably to
vox-outreach.)

  Ryan Castelluci
  Marc Hall
  Bill Kendrick